Sunday, June 1, 2014

Hooligans, Part 2

Yup, they came back!

This time, there was an explosion.

Short recap: a couple of weeks ago one of my friends in Eve scouted out a C3 wormhole and set up a POS for herself.  She ran into some trouble with a group trying to extort isk from her, but who ran away when it looked like a fight might actually happen.

I moved my industrial alt corp into the C3 to keep an eye on things, setting up my own POS, and Saturday morning as I was updating sigs and checking the system I found a new medium control tower, fueled.  It was the same corp from before.

I thought for a moment, considering what to do.  It was shaping up to be a pretty busy day full of pew with the Sky Fighters, so I didn't want to pull Karen and a combat alt to camp a hole all day.  The Devils hadn't shown any ships yet, so I didn't know if they'd even respond to a potential fight.  Seiging a tower, even a medium one, is a pain in the butt so I wasn't about to drag in the heavy ships for that unless I felt I had to.  I decided, at least for Saturday, to sit and watch and see what came up.

At one point I saw a Mammoth of theirs warp in to their POS and I put a bomber on the hole in case it left, but it sat there the rest of the night.  It got late, and eventually, I decided it was time for bed.  If they wanted to take a shot at the tower without any of my alts on, it was time for them to do it.  If they reinforced anything, I'd at least have a time I could plan around.

This (Sunday) morning I got up, went through my normal routines, and eventually got around to logging into Eve to see what the damage was.  As expected, there was a "Your tower is under attack!" notification waiting for me.  A Naglfar had come after my tower.  I checked my POS... and it was at 98% shields.  I pulled up the list of modules.  One of the two energy neutralizing batteries had been incapacitated.  That seemed... very tame compared to what I had been expecting.

Out of curiosity, I pulled up my alt corp's kill reports - and there, like an early birthday present, was a killmail for the Devil's Naglfar!  It had killed itself on my tower, somehow.  If only I had been online at the time, I could have shot it with a civilian weapon on one of my alt's rookie ships... still, that really made my morning.  The Naglfar had Large rigs on it instead of Capital so it had lived in the hole for a while, despite there being no live towers before my friend moved in.  The Nag had a tech 2 shield tank (two adaptives, one thermic, and one EM ward) and lows full of gyrostabilizers, plus a tech 2 siege module, for about 2.6 billion isk including the hull.  Those neuts must have just been too much. <3

I wrote an Eve-mail to the Devil's CEO to see if they were interested in arranging a peaceful solution to our disagreement over the ownership of the C3, and he replied saying that they had no interest in hanging around and would be extracting the rest of their assets shortly.

Of course, I don't believe that's the end of it... but for now, their POS is offline and I haven't seen any other ships.  I brought a spare neut online to replace the incapped one, and realized I need to train one of my alts into a decent sized remote repper. >.>  We'll see if anything else attacks tonight while I'm asleep.

o7
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment