Friday, May 16, 2014

Moving Again, and Moving Forward

Note: This one has been on my writing desk for a couple of weeks; I've added and updated a bit as I went, and didn't want to publish before we were all set up. :D

A while back I mentioned a project to open a C2 wormhole training corporation.

That project has been aborted; it didn't make it out of the initial setup phase before being abandoned due to reasons.  I do not believe in spreading drama and so I shall not; there were simply some miscommunications on the leadership level that escalated poorly and led me to conclude that it was time for me to leave the alliance.  I wish you guys at Infinite Anarchy the best, and when you find your pod under fire from my guns it's nothing personal, just w-space. :D

I am flying with Sky Fighters now; they lost a chunk of players when Rolled Out rolled out, and had just moved out of their old home system.  I signed up just in time to join the scanning party - huzzah!  So, after spending a day or so moving my ships out of the C2 Anarchist Asylum had set up in, I spent the next couple of days scouting wormhole chains with my covops alt while I consolidated assets with Karen.

I should probably add that I have been doing all of my high sec logistics under war dec - Infinite Anarchy was under wardec as I was moving out, and Sky Fighters had been decced shortly before I joined, which made my logistics work require a little more attention than usual.  We even formed up a couple of times to hunt the WT's down, but they seem to want to dock up in station whenever a gang that is actually combat capable swings by.  :shrug:

Sky found a few good systems to move into, and the plan was to begin cloaky bomber harassment last Friday after the Lazerhawk roam; however, on Thursday one of our scouts found an even better system, so plans changed, scouts were seeded, and Kynric decided to go straight for the eviction invasion of the new target system, without the harassment campaign first.  Assets were moved through high sec, my Rattlesnake and a Paladin got into a brawl with a few war target proteusii (we ended up down a Domi), and by Saturday we had a seige tower, invasion orcas, and the big guns in the target system ready to start 'persuading' the prior residents to move out.

At first it looked like they'd try to pack up and ship out, but by the time we were ready to commence they were still dug in.


The Big Cat, ready to play

The guys we were kicking out were running a POS crammed with a double handful of hardeners (about 70% resistances across the board) and lots and lots of ECM, plus about a thousand DPS worth of lasers, a neut, and your usual requisite scrams.  The ECM ruled out logi, and the DPS was enough to keep the usual POS Bash Ishtar/Gila/Dominix off field; we went at it with a pair of Vargurs and two Rattlesnakes.  It was fun.  I knew the marauders would be fine as long as they kept snacking on cap boosters, but I was rather impressed by the snake's massive ability to tank all of the things forever.  Plus, I got to try out my Gecko super-heavy drones on the POS lasers and the neut.  We left the ECM up, since it did more to help us against potential ganks than hurt us.

Over the rest of the week, we have been shipping in tower, setting up full defenses, and reinforcing POCO's.  Soon, we'll be out marauding through C5 chains and blops-dropping into nullsec.  Yay!

o7
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment