Tuesday, April 8, 2014

CSM Campaign: Endorsements

After my last ramble, I am going to keep this one short and to the point.

Most of the time I do not like telling people what to do.  I do not mind giving advice, if it is asked for, but I believe in encouraging people to make their own decisions and to form their own opinions.  I have already had a few people ask me who I think they should vote for... and that is difficult for me to answer.

With the STV ballot, I think you should put the candidate (and candidates) at the top that come closest to representing your own play style and views.  Once that is done, fill in the rest of the ballot with candidates that you feel represent areas of Eve that need a voice, or ones that you think will give CCP a good, balanced group to talk to.

Still, people want to know who I am voting for and why, and it's a fair enough question.  So, this is what I plan on voting:

1) Karen Galeo - Obviously, or I wouldn't be running.

2) James Arget
3) Proclus Diadochu
4) Asayanami Dei
5) Corbexx

We need all five of our wormhole candidates at the top of the ballot in order to get the best chance of landing two - or possibly three - of us on the CSM.  I would be very happy working with any of them on CSM9 - their wormhole veterancy and positions in larger alliances provides an excellent compliment to my own experiences in w-space.  James gets to be my number 2 because even though his experience and his opinions on topics that are important to me would warrant him a high spot on my ballot, he already has experience with the CSM process as well and can help the rest of us be more effective communicating with CCP.

6) Sugar Kyle - She runs a market hub in Low Sec, does small gang roams, handles logistics for her corporation, and has given some very impressive interviews.  She seems like the type that works well with a team, and low sec needs our love as well.

7) Mike Azariah
8) Ali Aras
9) Mynna
10) Mangala Solaris

Much like James, each one of these four are strong enough candidates to make my ballot without being incumbents from CSM8.  Mike is always fantastic to listen to on podcasts and interviews, and the casual play style he represents is where new players are frequently sitting as they consider whether or not to subscribe to Eve.  Ali has done a great job communicating with the community, and actively reaches out to other groups to talk about important issues with them.  She even has an alt in w-space, almost enough to make her an honorary w-space candidate.  Mynna is absolutely an expert in his field, and provides a perspective from the view of the huge Null coalitions, and likewise Mangala regularly engages and entertains hundreds of people at a time.  I have personally flown with RvB Ganked in the past, and I like the way Mangala does things.

11) Steve Ronuken - This guy is great.  I was using his website and apps before I even knew who he was, and his expertise in third party tool development - and push to fix many of the interface hurdles in manufacturing - is something I can gladly get behind.

12) Psianh Auvyander - I have a big interest in small gang warfare, and training new players, and Psianh does them both.  I like what I have heard him say in the interviews and panels he's done.

13) Angry Mustache - Yes, he's a block candidate, but I really like what I have heard from his campaign as well.  He has had some great points related to getting new players going with a better experience, and shares my concern with getting the UI out of the way of the game.

14) DJ FunkyBacon - Probably the candidate on this list that I have the least in common with, but I think he focuses on some good points.

o7

No comments:

Post a Comment