Sunday, March 23, 2014

Slow Week

I haven't had a lot of action this weekend; I haven't been feeling that great, and when I have been on, things have been slow.  Still, I need to post - I don't want to get out of the habit now.

We've rolled through more than a few C4's this week, and I think only two or three of them were empty and unused.  One night we opened onto a C4 being farmed by the Knights of Nii, a corp of wormholers in a C2 (with C4 static) and I spent a while watching them at work - they had four battleships and a pair of Basilisks,  plus a Proteus floating around the chain that had made some recent kills, while I had a pair of bombers, a Loki, a Tengu, and my Stratios.  The call went out for backup, but we still had hours to go until our prime time; they finished their sites before I got more pilots logged in.

I dropped into their corp's chat channel to say hi, and they had spotted my Stratios coming through the wormhole.  We talked for a bit and I hit them up with the CSM campaign stuff - asking about what they were doing and how they were enjoying w-space, reminding them that, yea, even if w-space is doing pretty well right now we should still vote for wormholers to make sure we don't get rolled over by a bad change, that kind of thing.  They were some cool guys with a lot of experience, and they liked the experience of living in a C2.

I bring this up because, for many people, they aren't in w-space for the "progression" but for the specific hole they moved in to.  Some people decide they will move their corp into a specific class of wormhole, for specific reasons, and would be happy staying there for the foreseeable future without having plans for moving deeper into w-space.

Another night we opened onto a C4 with about eight or nine ships on d-scan; a mixed group of Drakes and Myrmidons.  We were excited, thought we had caught another site fleet, but these were all floating in a POS.  I think that was also the night we went on a joint roam with some of the guys from EOL - the roam was interesting, and it was cool having them in our coms, but it was hard finding action that late at night.  I did have one C2 that I jumped into to scout out where I was greeted, and recognized, by the hole's sentry; that was interesting. :D

All in all, though, a quiet weekend of industrial POS planning, POS management, bitching about the POS roles (really?  You have to give a corp member the role to access everything at every POS if you want them to be able to adjust the type of material going into a reaction silo?), and talking with wormholers.

There are plans for tomorrow, though... I'll try to take plenty of pictures.  No spoilers, though, opsec.

o7

1 comment:

  1. Hi, was nice to run into you while we running the C4. Shame you never got the fleet together. It's always fun to get a bit of PvP to break up the routine of running sites.

    The wormhole space hasn't been about progression. The alliance has lived in that C2 hole for over two years now. The earliest kill I could find was September 2011. It is less about the class of the hole we live in than the class of the static. When we used to live in low-sec and were first dipping our toes into running wormhole sites a lot of time was wasted trying to scan down a hole with suitable content to run. With a C4 static if it lacks a sufficient number of anomalies, or has an occupying fleet that is too big for us to take on, we just collapse the hole and try again.

    Telemacus Drake

    ReplyDelete